Our historic building has been used to influence the lives of countless young people since its founding in 1886. Throughout the years, this building has been used for many uses including a young boys school, social club, and even briefly as housing for wild animals from a bankrupt circus!
On January 1, 1984, a small group of YWAMers relocated to the Midlands after putting £1 down as a promise to purchase the property & building. They came here with a mandate to influence the heart of England and become a centre for further YWAM missions training. Through much prayer & support, The King’s Lodge was established a little while later and has been running ever since.
The establishment & life of this base has been such an amazing display of God’s constant faithfulness. We are blessed to be here, living out the calling to know God & make Him known locally, nationally, & internationally.